Custom Search

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Things that I love

So, today has been kind of a rough day.

Happy Birthday Dad! I hope it was good for you!
6:30 am - Why am I up this early again?

7:00 am - Back to bed for at least another 30 minutes.

8:30 am - Dad calls to make sure we are up and at 'em. He's so thoughtful.

10:00 am - We finally leave for Deercreek

10:30 am - 12:00 - Good times: throwing rocks in the lake. Watching T get the fishing line stuck in a tree so Dad has to walk out into the lake to get it unstuck. Chatting with Maynan. Looking at my husband... always a good time. Bad times: the car ride with a screaming 2 year old who can't decide if he wants milk or water!! AAAGGGHHH!

12:30 pm - Lunch at Granny's, always great!

The rest of the day as pretty uneventful. Full of naps, more screaming by the two year old and unfortunately, mom!

Just before posting this I was full of irritability and stress. The day just didn't turn out the way I had thought. This has seemed to be happening a lot lately.... hmm... i wonder. But as I sit here I try to remember the good things that I have. The important things.
The things that are there when all the chaos stops.

And they are:

#1 - First and Foremost.... My Dearest

I must say I am one lucky gal! My beloved is, how should I put it, Awesome! (Noah learned this word today, it is so funny!). I love My Dearest husband because he knows me. He knows the things that I love. He knows the things that I hate... and he tries to get away with them anyways! He helps around the house and is a fantastic dad. He works hard for our family. He loves me no matter what. He doesn't always say the right things, but he means what he says and he is honest. He is a great best friend. Did I mention he is incredibly good looking! WOW! He respects my family. He is one of the most sincere people I know. He treats me with respect. He holds the priesthood and continually blesses our family with it. He holds me so perfectly and makes everything else simply fade away. He is a good kisser. (He is probably blushing right now!) He blushes, which is so cute!
#2 - My little Noah
Noah was sent to me to teach me how to live. How to love life. How to do without planning. I love him for that. He is definately teaching me patience. Patience with him and with everything else in life. I see him and I realize that I need to slow down and enjoy the things around me. He has taught me that. I hope that while I have him on loan from our dear Heavenly Father, that I can teach him what it means to love, live, dream, hope, play, have integrity, have morals, have respect, to work hard, to serve, and to love this wonderful gospel of ours.
#3 - Beautiful things!

It is great to be able to surround yourself with things that were made for you by someone you love! (Thanks girlies) To be able to look at something and have it spark a thought or memory that invokes joy and happiness. That is what life is about isn't it? Why would we surround ourselves with anything less? This pot reminds me of family and friends. It reminds me that we are here to help one another. (Are you wondering why it reminds me of that??? I kind of am too!) It reminds me that life is too short to worry about things you can't control. It reminds me that I want a life full of color and excitement!

#4 - Our Lawnmower

Isn't she a beauty! This wonderful hand propelled lawnmower is the first lawnmower I have ever used. And to tell you the truth, she is really easy! (Has anyone seen the size of our backyard?? Not so impressive!) This lawnmower reminds me of nature. It reminds me of earth. It reminds me of my garden, and that makes me happy! It is green, which I love. Noah and I pushed it together last week, so now it reminds me of him. Adam uses it like a champ, he even uses the edger. So now it reminds me of him as well, and oh how I love him. It reminds me that you have to take care of the things that you love for they might soon be gone. It reminds me of all the wonderful and amazing things that we have been given on this earth to enjoy! and I love that!

No comments: