Custom Search

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Anyone want a 500 lb elephant??

"There's such a lot of different Ashley's in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Ashley it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting." (from Anne of Green Gables)

Has anyone else been feeling like this latley? There is so much going on around me and so many things I want to do and so many other things I don't and trying to figure them all out is just exhausting!

Lately, I've wanted to get working on a lot of crafts... DIY.... stuff.... like:

Jean Quilts

First Scrap Quilt

Making all of this year's Christmas Presents (Ties, hats, scarves.. just to name a few)

Sewing together new pillows for our couch

Doing the silhouette's of our family

Painting my new desk and hutch

Cooking better food for my family and sharing it with all of you

I seriously can't find the time or energy to do all this stuff. It is just downright making me feel HEAVY! AAAAHHH what to do???

I also have been on this reading kick and can't seem to find myself without a good book in hand. It's like if I don't have a book to read, I don't have a soul or a purpose. Dramatic I know, but SERIOUSLY.... it's really like that!

I keep looking at all your blogs and find inspiration to keep going.. THANK YOU....

Hopefully I will get out of this rut and get back to life; for life is good and happy and meant to be enjoyed... right?

And if anyone wants the 500 lb elephant, just come over and I'll give him to you off my chest... GRATIS!

3 comments:

Dad Rock said...

Keep it up....you will find it....when it starts getting hectic or too much then stop for a bit, enjoy the fam and remember your dad thinks you're AWESOME cuz you really are.
Smile Ash.

POP

Annie said...

I've been doing and wanting to do too much lately also. I don't know why. Lots of projects and DIY's have been brewing. I would love to do some with you. Love you Ash...I think your awesome.

Roeshel said...

You're not alone - your post caught me off guard. I HAVE been feeling that way lately too! There is NEVER enough time in the day to get everything done that I want. Just have to hang in there and do what you can and make time for the things that are important.

I love to read too. I have so many books sitting here and magazines piling up...I need a vacation (at home) to catch up.

Just wanted to say "hi" and that - I know how you feel. Hopefully things settle down and you're able to fit in what matters most. :)

Roeshel