Custom Search

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Humility

Why is it that when you think you finally have everything figured out, something happens to move you back 10 steps? Today was supposed to be a good day. As Lala went to Arizona, this lucky gal got to stay home with her little Noah bug. The day was all planned out, this place in the morning, lunch with Papa, and then off to the library in the afternoon. Being able to sleep until 8 was a delight. Went to get the little one out of his crib to get ready for the day and that's when it began.... the whining.... and kicking.... and more whining. Iwas so confused, as of yesterday my life was going to be happy and I wasn't going to let anything change that. It was my choice, right? Well, I overly underestimated the persistence of an almost 2 year old.

As I am sitting here now watching the leaves blow on the tree outside the window, I am realizing how silly some of the things are I choose to put my foot down on when it comes to raising my little boy. Ie: putting his shoes on to play in the backyard, that is about as big as a sandbox!

I remember when My Dearest gave Noah his blessing. I remember him blessing Noah with a tremendous love of life and to enjoy being small and to live life to it's fullest. Well, My Dearest, your blessing has come true! Noah has such a zest for life. He loves it. He is constantly moving and exploring and playing and he wants his parents around for all of it. What a blessing!

I thought today has been a challenge, but looking back on what has happened today, I am realizing that I'm just a little too uptight about it all.

So, I've decided that I need a little more humility. I know I can't do it all by myself and I know that no one expects me to. And I am grateful for the support system that our little family has, you all help me stay grounded and remind me of all the grateful things we have! YOU!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Boy do I understand where you are coming from. I think that is my biggest challenge in life. Ash, I am so glad you started your blog! I love it!

Spansih Fork Tribe said...

Ashley... I know I went through the same thing. Choosing your battles has got to be one of the hardest parts about being a parent. You are a fabulous mother.